|Downloads: 16376||Submitted: Jun 11 2008|
Updated: Jun 14 2008
IMPORTANT : The Download is hosted on Deviantart which doesn't know how to handle "tar.gz" files. You have to add the tar prefix to the downloaded file in order to untar it ;)
Installation Notice :
Due to the relative success of this Theme, I feel like I should bring more explanations about the whole installation steps ;)
So let's start with the first BIG point :
This isn't actually a Theme Manager Theme.
I. Installing Necessary Components
This theme use some addons to KDE, like Dekorator or Domino, which you'll need to have installed in order to make the theme work.
- Dekorator : http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=31447
- Domino : http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/Domino?content=42804
- KBFX : http://www.kbfx.org
All three are available in the ubuntu repositories kwin-style-dekorator, kde-style-domino (only in Hardy) and kbfx.
They are also available in portage : domino, dekorator and kbfx
I don't know much about other distributions but the source code is available for domino and Kbfx. Kbfx use Cmake for compilation, as well as KDE4. So just install Cmake and then "cmake . && make && sudo make install"
II. Installing the Theme
- Color Scheme : For the Color Scheme, all you have to do is to go in kcontrol > Appearance & Themes > Colors. Import it there, and apply it :)
- Dekorator : You just have to go in kcontrol > Appearance & Themes > Window Decorations. Then select Dekorator in the combo box. Browse to the theme tabs, and import one or both of the tar archives (Nano-theme.tar.gz, do not untar them, it should be easier to install them this way). Then just select Nano in the list and press the "Set Theme Paths" button. You can then adjust all the different little settings. Personnaly I use :
· Misc Tab :
Title Alignment = center
Checked Use Menu Button image instead of the app icon only
· Colors Tab :
Nothing's checked there. I would have to correct the buttons and maybe the title bar if some of you want to use buttons animations. Well I'll correct this in the next pack coming along with some other goodies ;)
· Buttons Tab :
Nothing either is checked there
! With the 3.1 update it looks way better now if you want to use animations in Dekorator !
- Domino : Run kcontrol > Appearance & Themes > Style and select Domino in the Combo box. Then press "Configure" and go to the last tab, press the "import" button and select the "domino_nanotekv3rc" file. Then select nanotekv3 in the list and press load, then ok, then Apply ;)
- Kicker : Just right-click on the Taskbar > Configure Panel. Then go to the Appearance Tab and set the "Kicker.png" image as a background image.
- Systray Icons : I'll write something about that when I'll release a more complete icon pack. The trick is mainly to find which icon to replace so that they could appear in the kicker. Actually locate do the work well, considering the icons which are used in the kicker are 22X22 size icons.
- KBFX Theme : Just Right click the Kicker and select Add Applet To Panel and Add KBFX there. Now just double click Nano-KBFX.kbfxtheme and it should launch the KBFX Configurator and install it. All you should have to do is to Apply, and maybe change the fonts, so they look right for you, and your personnal User Image. In order to remove the Category Icons, Right-Click the KBFX Applet and press Edit Applications Menu. There you can set the Transparent.png image to any of the categories.
III. Fewer settings :
The fonts used in the screenshot are Trebuchet MS and Trebuchet MS Bold
The icon set is called Crystal Project and can be found there http://www.everaldo.com/crystal/
First Release of the NanoTeK.v3
- 2 Dekorator Themes (NanoTeK.v2 restyled and NanoTeK.v3 reworked)
- 4 Systray Icons ( More to come... )
- Dark Color Scheme
- "Modded" Domino + config . PowerPC users should just have to "sudo make install" Yet notice that your original domino installation will be overwritten (config files shouldn't be though). This modification only bring a new look for the progressbar...
- KBFX Theme
The Wallpaper Sets used in the preview were released by the Awsome *Petercui http://petercui.deviantart.com and *Uribaanihttp://www.uribaani.deviantart.com. They are available right there http://petercui.deviantart.com/art/experiment-Wallpapers-57695746 and there http://uribaani.deviantart.com/art/Revours-Wallpaper-pack-86876151
Enjoy, and don't forget to give me some feedback. Systray Icons are by request too...
06/11/08 : First Release
06/13/08 : Brought Installation Instructions
06/14/08 : 3.1 Update Bringing The KBFX Theme and an Updated Version of the Windeco