Minimum required KDE 3.x
|Submitted: Apr 9 2006|
Updated: Jun 19 2009
* New KMSBII for Slackware 12.2.0
* Yet again Marco Antonio Frias B. didn't let this project die by contributing time and effort to keep this project rolling. See Changelog for details :) Thanks again Marco!
[ DESCRIPTION ]
KDE Menu Sidebar Image Improvement is a simple improvement for your KDE
Menu that replaces default KDE Menu Sidebar image with one designed specifically for your Slackware GNU\Linux distribution.
Having say a Slackware or Debian or FreeBSD or any other OS/distribution logo instead of default KDE gear may be a much better choice for those of you who are just in love with your favorite *nix.
Personalized it looks sexy, it looks witty, it stresses the facts.
This project proved to be a little success because people seem to appreciate it.
So, now here we are with updated package again and it is my pleasure to hear from you that you've given it a try.
2009-06-22 Marco Antonio Frias B.
* The xcf files have been opened, updated and saved with the gimp 2.6.6.
* Added support for Slackware 12.1.0 (oops!... after a long time).
20090619 Ivan Lezhnjov Jr.
* Fixed a couple of spelling errors in install.sh
20090615 Marco Antonio Frias B.
* Added support for Slackware 13.0.0 (only sources).
* Added support for Slackware 12.2.0.
* Added kside_versions.xcf for faster to create text version.
* New KMSBII for Slackware 12.1.0
* Major props for bringing this version to y'all go to Marco Antonio Frias B. who did a nice job of providing pkg and slack-build sources for this KDE improvement.
* Added support for Slackware 12.0.0.
* Spelling and grammar checks of text messages.
* All hail new contributor: Marco Antonio Frias Butron.
Introduced the following contributions:
- installpkg/removepkg friendly installation package;
- Slackware package management system friendly package now available
through linuxpackages.net thanks to Marco's efforts.
* Corrected contacts information.
#000 "Odd And Even" | Fixed
Description: if KMenu contains an odd number of entries a
gap appears in the juxtaposition of kside.png and
kside_tile.png; if KMenu contains an even number of entries
KMSBI looks seamless. Fixed in v2.1.0
* Project structure has been redefined so that it is now template
based and extensible. This is basically a first attempt to unify
all types of KMSBII presented at kde-look.org.
* Installation script has been dramastically improved; added new
features to control the installation process and the ability to
perform post-installation actions; run `./install.sh help' for more
information. The script is quite verbose now and informs user of
every action performed in a user-friendly manner;
* Abbreviations of the project related names have been introduced to
provide a convenient way to refer to them. See "ABBREVIATIONS"
section of `./install.sh help' output;
* Graphic source files as well as KMSBI files have been changed once
again, changes have been made to achieve the best look of the KMSBI;
* Added KMSBII for Slackware GNU\Linux distribution v11.0.0;
* Updated documentation.
* Licensing agreement has been introduced to protect intellectual
property and rights of its owner. See COPYING file for more details
and "Licensing Agreement" section of this file for short
explanations on how this licensing agreement works.
* The entire package suffered a complete overhaul;
* Installation script provided which is capable of single-user as well
as system-wide installation type, and uninstallation. Run
`./install.sh' to see usage options;
* Updated documentation;
* Added images for 10.2.0 version of Slackware GNU\Linux;
* Images now use Courier New family font type for the writing, because
this is a good idea to have a proper type which is following
Slackware distribution each and other place. Why Courier? Hopefully,
this will answer the question:
> Q: What is the original Slackware font as used in the old-style
> Slackware-with-an-underline style logo ?
> A: We *think* it's simply "Courier New."
[ http://www.slackware.com/~msimons/slackware/grfx/grfxfaq.txt ,
accessed: 04 April 2006 ]
* Minor corrections in installation shell scripts;
* Archive structure has been modified (Christophe suggested to have a
directory containing the archive's content instead of unpacking the
data to the current folder).
* Rotated logotype (I think this looks a bit better and artistic);
* Archive content's been overhauled: directory structure changes;
* In/unstallation scripts has been modified;
* Now `kicker' restarts right after you execute `./install.sh', so you
can see the changes without the need of restarting the whole KDE;
* *.xcf source's been updated for each version of the dir.
GPL and CCNCSP,
see README and COPYING for details