Minimum required Qt 3.x
|Submitted: May 25 2005|
Updated: May 17 2006
*** The configuration utility requires PyQT ***
Superkaramba >= 0.37 needed.
I wanted to make a theme that wouldn't take all my desktop and would allow me to see every information I could have with my previous Aero-G theme. Moreover I wanted it to be fully and easily configurable|customisable.
That's why I did Aero All In One!
You access to the piece of information you want in one click! Note that every page is unloaded when you load another one: cpu load is saved!
The configuration GUI allows you to install and load new plugins and to configure their options.
You can make new plugins, themes, and icon sets and put it in theme's directory or in "~/.aero_aio", they will be automatically detected!
Any comment/idea is welcome! Any piece of advice for my configuration utility (vocabulary or grammatical mistakes...) too.
- re-added option to disable animation
- added an option to show free space instead of used space in partitions plugin
- added options to change text font (developpers should update their plugins)
- some global improvements
- completely updated configuration dialog and configuration update engine
- updated plugin fonctions, developpers should update their plugins (nevertheless 0.8e plugins are still compatible)
- compatibility with superkaramba 0.39 verified
+ repaired auto-switching
- fixed Network plugin wireless bug
- improved some plugins
- added butons to add external themes and icon sets from configuration dialog
- fixed compatibility issues with .aiz plugins when trying to install them with configuration gui.
- fixed a bug in config dialog, updated Cpu and Clock plugins thanks to kovidgoyal
- updated GMail script thanks to arthur-kalm
- added wireless strengh monitor to network plugin thanks to aln
- Made a .skz package for superkaramba 0.37, theme can be loaded zipped or unzipped!
- Added a plugin installation function in configuration gui: it automatically installs a plugin zipped in a ".aiz" zip archive in $HOME/.aero_aio directory.
- I will update my plugins in next release and add themes and icon sets installation functions.
NOTE to plugin developers: format of "theme" and "icon"parameters has changed, it's now the string of the full path to directory (ex: "/home/user/mythemes/aerog/"). It will be in the next plugin template. I'm writing a plugin developement guide.
- added an option for calendar to start week on sunday
- possibility to load more than 8 plugins: scroll icons using your mouse's wheel
- added a new theme: "Blue Panel"
- made a new plugin: Amarok controler, download it separately
- made a complete plugin template
- made many improvements in code
Release 0.8a: Please report any bug!
- Re-made the engine completely! Now you can make your own plugins (with their configuration GUI page!) and put it in the Aero-AIO directory. I will publish a plugin template as soon as possible!
- Improved configuration GUI
Rem: next version (0.9) will be a .skz package
- !!! Improved configuration saving system : you will lose your previous configuration with this version !!!
- Updated "CPU and memory" page: now it has a graph
- Updated network page: you can display total transfered data and external IP address by clicking on the text under the graph
- Added GMail support to Mail page!
- Corrected Calendar wich was updating every seconds and taking 30% cpu, now it is updated every 20 minutes
- added a new theme: Glass
- added button animation
- Many bug fixes: Mem and CPU page, Mail page
- Enable shadow option (but because it isn't built in superkaramba you can change its color only by editing the bgcolor in the ".theme" file)
- Auto-detect new themes and icons sets: just put your themes in the "Themes" and "icon" directories.
- Improved Calendar: you can change displayed month by using the next and previous buttons (left click: next/prev month, middle click: next/prev year). Just click again on the calendar icon to
go back to current month.
- Improved System Infos page
- Improved a little network page
- *** fixed calendar bug ***
- some improvements: icon positions, icon selection, redrawWidget on click on icons
- tried to improve the code to avoid freezes when configuring Mail
- improved Clock page: if you click on the "digital clock" (in text) it switches between 12h/24h display
- the CpuMem page is now more "failsafe"
- you can name your partitions!
- fixed the bug wich appeared on the end of this month in Calendar, I hope this won't lead to a new bug in June...
- added Auto-Switch support: you can enable it through the configuration utility and can stop in one click on the icon in the bottom/left corner
- added an Aero-G style theme (see first screenshot)
- added an option to select the "temperature" file for the cpu & mem page
- added 2 icon sets: "default_small" and "nuvola"
- 8 pages
- 1 theme ("default")
- 2 icon sets ("default", "grey")