|Downloads: 1686||Submitted: Sep 9 2009|
Updated: Jan 20 2010
Jidohki (jp. for automatic mechanism) is a system monitor based on Automatik 1.0 by Fabien Henon.
It has many improvements and fixes over Automatik.
- Improved graphics and overall look.
- Anything is now fully localised, including even the date.
- Languages now supported are English, French, German and Italian. Any further translations are welcome, but due to a bug in SuperKaramba´s unicode handling, special characters (accents, umlauts etc.) as well as non-western characters (Japanese, Russian, Greek etc.) do not work.
- On-the-fly language change: right click > Configure theme > Configure language, choose you language and click on OK, then right-click and select Reload theme.
- added Arch Linux and Linspire to the distro list (Mandriva, Ubuntu, RedHat, Fedora, OpenSuse, Mint, Centos, Mepis, Slackware, PC Linux OS). If you´re still missing your distro, just post a comment.
- Qt version added.
- IP address is regularly updated and is only shown when connected.
... and more
- Time is properly updated, so no discrepance to taskbar clock anymore.
- Cpu temperature only shown if supported, no lone C hanging around anymore
- Process list columns don´t jump around wildly anymore
- IP adress is now properly shown for eth0
- all-caps screaming that littered the entire theme has been removed
... and more
- user@domain, kernel, distro, Kde, Qt, uptime, localised date (en/fr/de/it).
- Cpu with up to 8 cores, shows frequency and temperature for each.
- Running processes, shows name, Cpu%, Resources used and user name for each.
- Total, free and used memory for Ram and swap partition.
- Mounted partitions, shows unix name, device name, capacity, used and free space for each.
- Network interfaces (wired or wireless), shows IP addresses, transfer graph, up-/download speed and up-/downloaded amount.
(lm_)sensors and kross should be installed and configured, but are not absolutely neccessary.
If you have kernel 2.6.31 and up, you need not install sensors and hddtemp, as they do not work there.
The kross package is called libkross on Mandriva/Ubuntu/PC Linux OS, Python-kde4 on Suse and kross-python4 on Fedora.
English and Japanese readmes are included. The font used by this theme is also included.
Please install Jidohki using SuperKaramba's "Get New Stuff" option.
Version 1.3.3 (2010-Jan-19)
- updated Kde version text to display properly for beta and RC versions of Kde
- added support for dsl0/dsl1/dsl2 connections to Network section
Version 1.3.2 (2009-Dec-29)
- changed method of reading cpu core temp (next to cpu name) so it doesn't require 'sensors'
- Process Overview now always shows four items
- vga card detection changed so it doesn't use 'lspci' anymore
- Note: 'sensors', 'hddtemp' and 'lspci' require root privileges as of kernel 2.6.31, so they don't work anymore here. I only found an alternative to 'lspci' yet.
Version 1.3.1 (2009-Oct-2)
- Improved Process Overview formatting.
- Improved Portuguese translation. (thanks to powtrix)
- Added image for generic Intel Cpu.
Version 1.3 (2009-Sep-30)
- Added Cpu temperature to the right of the Cpu name.
- Added Sensor Information section. You need to have the lm-sensors package installed to have it displayed. It will show you temperatures of Cpu, Case and Northbridge, as well as three case fan speeds. Note: it can be that your mainboard doesn´t show some of the temperatures or fan speeds.
- To account for the new content, the default height has been increased to 1050.
- Temperature monitoring bug fixed
Version 1.2 (2009-Sep-20)
- Added Portuguese language. (thanks to powtrix)
- Added Video Card section which shows the video card model. If you have an Ati card and Ati Catalyst installed (fglrx and Control Centre), then you'll also get infos about core and memory clock speed as well as Gpu load and temperature bar graphs. To disable the vga card section, quit SuperKaramba and go to this folder:
Rename Jidohki.py, then rename Jidohki.py.no-vga to Jidohki.py and restart SuperKaramba.
- To account for the new content, the default height has been increased to 1000. If this is still not enough for you, quit SuperKaramba and edit the following file with KWrite:
Enter the desired height for the height parameter (max. 1200), save the file and restart SuperKaramba.
- Support for custom styles has been added: right click > Configure theme > Configure Style. Besides the Standard Dark style, the Standard Light style and a red Ruby style has been added.
- Bar backgrounds have better visibility now.
Version 1.1 (2009-Sep-12)
Added HD model and temperature bar graph.
This feature requires the package "hddtemp" to be installed.
Version 1.0 (2009-Sep-08)
First public release
License: Creative Commons by-nc