KDE-Apps.org Applications for the KDE-Desktop
 ScribusStuff.org Files for Scribus
 BlenderStuff.org Textures and Objects for Blender
 VLC-Addons.org Themes and Extensions for VLC
 KDE-Help.org Support for your KDE Desktop
 GNOME-Help.org Support for your GNOME Desktop
 Xfce-Help.org Support for your Xfce Desktop
openDesktop.orgopenDesktop.org:   Applications   Artwork   Linux Distributions   Documents    LinuxDaily.com    Linux42.org    OpenSkillz.com

Artwork
News
Groups
Knowledge
Events
Forum
People
Jobs

- global .- user support .- artwork .- developer .
goto page: prev  ... 9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24 ...

kdialog and firefox

by blackd on: Apr 10 2006

Hi,

Have someone tryed to intergate kdialog with firefox.

Im currently developing a firefox extensions that makes firefox look more kde like.
If some have information drop me a line degnomify AT gmail dot com.

Re: kdialog and fire

by Yaba on: Apr 10 2006

I blog, therefore I am.

Q: sub karam theme?

by N7DR on: May 9 2006

Score 50%

Stupid question: how do I submit a superkaramba theme to this site? It sure ain't obvious.

Re: Q: sub karam the

by Ekardnam on: May 9 2006

Score 50%

Click on "Add Content" in the menu bar on the top: http://www.kde-look.org/content/add.php

Re: Re: Q: sub karam the

by N7DR on: May 10 2006

Score 50%

Great... now I've done that and it seems to think that my theme, really called "multirss", is called "Doc Evans", which is _my_ name.

The submission form's first question is "name". So I quite reasonably put my name there -- not the name of the theme.

How do I fix this so that the theme has the right name?

Re: Re: Re: Q: sub k

by Ekardnam on: May 10 2006

Score 50%

You're supposed to write the name of the content in the first text field.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Q: s

by N7DR on: May 11 2006

Score 50%

Well, yes. I realise that NOW, although I still have no idea how I was supposed to deduce that at the time I filled out the form.

Anyway, how do I fix the fact that the theme now has the wrong name?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Q: s

by p0z3r on: May 11 2006

Score 50%

You can delete the content under 'My Content' and re-add it fresh.

cheers,
-p0z3r

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:

by Ekardnam on: May 13 2006

Score 50%

Or you can go to "My Content" (http://www.kde-look.org/content/mycontent.php) and click "edit".

Q: displaying msg

by N7DR on: May 18 2006

Score 50%

It seems like this ought to be simple, but so far I haven't found a way that works:

I want to display a messagebox (preferably with a vertical scrollbar) when a meter is clicked.

I have been trying to use kdialog to do this, but nothing ever displays.

For example, this was my first attempt:
karamba.executeInteractive(widget, ["kdialog", "--msgbox", "fred"]). But nothing displayed.

I have since tried a lot of other things that I thought would work (including os.system("kdialog --msgbox fred") but nothing ever displays.

So how do I do this? (I don't care whether the solution uses kdialog at all, I just figured that that would work, and I don't understand why it doesn't. [I also don't know how to get scrollbars with kdialog if the text to be displayed is long, but that's another issue entirely.]

Re: Q: displaying msg

by kovidgoyal on: May 20 2006

os.popen("kdialog blah")

Kovid

Re: Re: Q: displayin

by N7DR on: May 20 2006

Hmmm....

That didn't work either, but since you said it should I went digging further and found that it was a completely different programming error that was preventing it from working.

So thanks very much for making me dig to find out what the problem was.

Unfortunately, it turns out that kdialog simply is not going to do the job I need it to do. I'll post a separate request in another thread to see if anyone has any suggestions as to how to do what I want to do.

Q: popup text

by N7DR on: May 20 2006

Score 50%

I have some arbitrary text sitting in a python string (to be precise, it's the complete raw text of an e-mail).

How do I create some sort of popup, preferably with a vertical scroll bar, to display the text?

I have tried kdialog, but it suffers from several fatal deficiencies:
1. It munges the text so that new lines aren't preserved;
2. There doesn't seem to be a way to display it in a scrollable box;
3. One has to escape all the appearances of the delimiter character in the text to be displayed (OK, so this one isn't at all fatal, but it's a bit of a pain that I'd prefer to avoid if possible).

What might I be able to use instead of kdialog? (Or is there some way to force kdialog to behave so that items 1 and 2 are solved?)

Re: Q: popup text

by kovidgoyal on: May 20 2006

Score 50%

kdialog works with the --textbox option, ofcourse you have to supply it a filename. You could write the contents of your email to a file in /tmp and delete it after.

Alternatively, if you're willing to depend on PyKDE you can programatically create a dialog box that does what you want.

Kovid

Theme Developer Need

by LonnieTC on: May 29 2006

Greetings All,

I am new to Kde-Look forum and hope that this is the right place to post this message.

We have a theme that we downloaded from here for use with our Fedora 5 KDE and need to see about possibly hiring a developer to help get it finished so that we can easily install it on a few machines that we have.

If there is someone out there interested in doing a little work for us on this small project then we would greatly appreciate it and will see about possibly giving you a small fee.

If this is not the correct forum for this then I do apologize for the post.

I look forward to hearing from someone soon.

Sincerely,
Lonnie Cumberland
lonnie@outstep.com

Re: Theme Developer

by p0z3r on: Jun 14 2006

Score 50%

What theme did you download that isn't finished? Is it a full theme or just a windec or something else?

cheers,
-p0z3r

plotter v 0.6.1

by qt4lab on: May 30 2006

Hi all,

I released the new version 0.6.1 of Qt4Lab::plotter. It can display up to 25 curves per chart with plot zooming and can generate function using embedded QSA scripting language.
The plotter is quite young and I would like to find new beta testers.

You can see a brief description on Qt4Lab website: http://www.qt4lab.org and download the source code or the windows installer on http://www.qt4lab.org/downloads.htm

bye

Add commentAdd commentBack

Do you like or dislike Ubuntu Unity?
 Yes, unity is alien technology!
 It is less confusing than Gnome 3 default, shell.
 Granny thinks it is much more usable than Gnome 2
 Canonical is embarrasing itself with this split project
 Gnome 3 default shell is much better
 I dislike Unity, Gnome 3 default shell is alien technology!
 None of the above, I like the 2Gb for free and Apple alike behavior. Will post a comment instead

resultmore