KDE-Apps.org Applications for the KDE-Desktop
 ScribusStuff.org Files for Scribus
 BlenderStuff.org Textures and Objects for Blender
 VLC-Addons.org Themes and Extensions for VLC
 KDE-Help.org Support for your KDE Desktop
 GNOME-Help.org Support for your GNOME Desktop
 Xfce-Help.org Support for your Xfce Desktop
openDesktop.orgopenDesktop.org:   Applications   Artwork   Linux Distributions   Documents    LinuxDaily.com    Linux42.org    OpenSkillz.com

Artwork
News
Groups
Knowledge
Events
Forum
People
Jobs

- global .- user support .- artwork .- developer .
goto page: prev   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 ...

My fonts and artwork

by SeanParsons on: Dec 1 2004

SeanParsonsSeanParsons
editor
Home
Sean Parsons 4

United States of America, Pittsburgh
Last visit Sep 10 2010
0 Friends
0 Groups

More info
Send a message
Add as friend
Other contents

My fonts and artwork are available again. My site (The Linux Box) was down for awhile, but I am now rebuilding it. The collection of 6,760 fonts are available again ( http://thelinuxbox.org/Downloads.php ), as are my splash screen, wallpaper and more ( http://thelinuxbox.org/Artwork.php ).

Not everything on the site is back up yet as I am still rebuilding, but I would like to invite everyone back (and I would also appreciate input during the reconstruction).

Best Regards

Sean Parsons

Win vs. Linux 1-0 ??

by beischer on: Jan 31 2005

Score 50%

I have a problem getting my Linux installation looking as good as my MS Windows. I think the problem is the font config. The fonts look a lot more 'crisp' in Win. Is there a way to turn off anti-aliasing for some sizes or is there another trick to solve my problem??

Re: Win vs. Linux 1-

by nuka on: Jan 31 2005

Score 50%

yes. click configure next to the antialiasing thing in the font properties box.

Re: Re: Win vs. Linu

by beischer on: Jan 31 2005

Score 50%

Do you have any suggestion what sizes not to use anti-aliasing on?

Re: Re: Re: Win vs.

by maitre on: Feb 1 2005

Score 50%

Smaller fonts can look garbled and generally hard to read on older monitors, especially old lcd laptops. I'd set the cut off point for anything below 9 or below 10. Usu. 10 pt fonts with hinting enabled look good everywhere. If you've got an lcd monitor, try not making the text completely black.

Re: Win vs. Linux 1-0 ??

by meneerdik on: Feb 7 2005

Score 50%

Don't use TTF fonts, only Postscript Type1 fonts. Type1 can be rendered a *lot* better than TTF. You can also convert existing TTF to Type1.

Re: Win vs. Linux 1-0 ??

by tajmorton on: Feb 16 2005

That should help!

Taj

"Fanboy stuff"?

by sgtpepper on: Jan 31 2005

Score 50%

I am not exactly sure whether such "fan stuff" is needed on kde-look.org (regardless of its quality), since it is not at all KDE-related, not even Linux- or distribution-related...

If such stuff is accepted by the community, isn't the site soon overcrowded with "Lord of the Rings" and "Matrix" Splash screens, flamewars whether Beyoncee or Britney Spears is hotter than whatshername and countless rubbish wallpapers of whatever is popular at the moment?

I think, at least the sections at kde-look.org should be further categorized, that is into something that gathers e.g. distro-specific, movie-related, etc. stuff in seperated categories.

Any opinions?

~~
FnordPerfect

Re: "Fanboy stuff"?

by pandarsson on: Feb 1 2005

pandarssonpandarsson
Association of Sadistic Swordsmen
Home

Well, on a certain level, I agree with you in principle. However, practically I have to say that I don't see the negative things you mention happening unless KDE (and, therefore, *nix) suddenly explodes in popularity. And anyway, as of this moment, there are 313 fanboys who wanted the first one and 23 who wanted the second one. However ephemeral in popularity they might be, they pleased a total of 336 (as of this moment, anyway) people between them and I have to admit, there are worse.

Green, snakes don't HAVE armpits!

Re: "Fanboy stuff"?

by Arcturan on: Feb 4 2005

Score 50%

The problem I see is that these things don't respect the original copyright. They are GPL, but the sources clearly aren't.

Game graphics needed

by josef80 on: Feb 4 2005

Score 50%

Hello, I'm looking for artists who want to help out with a SVG splash screen and some icons for KGGZ. This is a program to run online games.
To get some ideas about available games and programs, have a look at:
So the content should be somehow original and game-related, but otherwise it's up to the artist :)

Splash screen: normal size about 800x600, but should be SVG
Icons: needed for program itself, actions like launch game, join game, spectate game, show message of the day,
private chat, display statistics and so on.
Game icons: Within KDE games, there are actions such as show player table, boot player, change player to bot or bot to open seat, request a forfeit, and many more depending on the game.

If anyone is interested, feel free to
send me a mail. It's still some months until release but it'd be nice to finally get the KDE parts into a good shape.

to use image

by dimuta on: Feb 10 2005

Score 50%

I am sorry for my language, bacause I live in Ukraine and do not very good speak english... I have seach image which to use during dowlanding, during you select you system (Windows or Linux)- this is animation image. I remember that this image situated on this site, and this file called: handy_128bis.bmp.bzz. Help me search this images. Where are this images... Send images or answer on Dimuta@gala.net

Re: to use image

by p0z3r on: Feb 11 2005

Score 50%

Is this what you are asking for?

cheers,
-p0z3r

Yoper needs Windeco!

by arctic on: Feb 18 2005

Score 50%

Hello, everyone. The Yoper distribution wants to have its very own windeco, based on the Keramik-Theme. The final design will however look almost completely different from standard Keramik.
As I am only familiar with Gnome-related themes and due to temporary lack of manpower in the Design-Department we want to kindly ask the community to help us on that task.
The programmer should be adept at coding the theme with as few bugs as possible and until august (or sooner, if possible). The necessary graphics, depicting the final look of the theme will be submitted by the Yoper Design-Dept. to the volunteers.
If you are interested, please contact

fabian@yoper.com

Thank you. :)

Re: Yoper needs Wind

by p0z3r on: Feb 18 2005

Email sent.

cheers,
-p0z3r

goto page: prev   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 ...

Add commentAdd commentBack

Do you like or dislike Ubuntu Unity?
 Yes, unity is alien technology!
 It is less confusing than Gnome 3 default, shell.
 Granny thinks it is much more usable than Gnome 2
 Canonical is embarrasing itself with this split project
 Gnome 3 default shell is much better
 I dislike Unity, Gnome 3 default shell is alien technology!
 None of the above, I like the 2Gb for free and Apple alike behavior. Will post a comment instead

resultmore