KDE-Apps.org Applications for the KDE-Desktop
 ScribusStuff.org Files for Scribus
 BlenderStuff.org Textures and Objects for Blender
 VLC-Addons.org Themes and Extensions for VLC
 KDE-Help.org Support for your KDE Desktop
 GNOME-Help.org Support for your GNOME Desktop
 Xfce-Help.org Support for your Xfce Desktop
openDesktop.orgopenDesktop.org:   Applications   Artwork   Linux Distributions   Documents    LinuxDaily.com    Linux42.org    OpenSkillz.com

Artwork
News
Groups
Knowledge
Events
Forum
People
Jobs

- global .- user support .- artwork .- developer .
goto page: prev  ... 40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55 ...

Where's a HowTo Guid

by cyntek on: Nov 20 2007

Score 50%

I am new here and i have been searching for some kind of guide that explains How to use KDM Theme Manager or Emerald Themer . It would really be very helpful for noobies such as my self or for any other for that matter to have that piece of knowledge. If any one here who can provide such a thing,please point me and all the other noobies out there the right place. Thank you.

btw: i am trying to install a new theme for the first time. It's called "Revelation-Domino Theme/Style for KDE 3.2 +" if you know of a walk through let me know. thanks.

Kpops problem!?!

by erkkix on: Dec 21 2007

Score 50%

I'm trying install Kpops on my OpenSuSe 10.3 but when I run the Installer It gives Kdialog error saying:"Error making Copstation". Could somebody help? I would really appreciate it

Add/Remove

by shakazulu on: Nov 22 2007

Score 50%

Hey guyz,

I am not sure if there is somebody else with the same problem but yesterday i installed Kubuntu (i am not beginner) and after update and adding some programs i had problem with Add/remove programs application. Now, when i start it, it says following:
''Another process is using the packaging system database (probably some other Adept application or apt-get or aptitude).
Would you like to attempt to resolve this problem? No will enter read-only mode and Cancel to quit and resolve this issue yourself.''

I am quite sure that no other programs are running but still it doesn't want to work. I had same problem even before but then it suddenly disappear and never come back again. :)
So if there is anybody with some useful hint i would be thankful.

Cheers,

''What goes around comes around''

Re: Add/Remove

by shakin on: Nov 27 2007

Score 50%

If you are getting that error and you are sure that all instances of Synaptic and Adept are closed, it probably means one of those programs crashed so you'll need to go to the command line and kill the remaining process.

killall synaptic
killall adept

should do it. If all else fails, reboot!

kde rpos

by x6vhcb5 on: Nov 25 2007

Score 50%

hello all I am new to linux. I need to know how to add kde apps to my repos.

Adept Installer

0 Friends
0 Groups

More info
Send a message
Add as friend
Other contents

I am very new to all of this, but my parents first task for me out of college is to fix their computer, and i have never encountered an os with so many weird problems. Trying to open the "Adept Installer" i get an error message saying:

The APT Database could not be opened! This may be caused by incorrect APT configuration or some similar problem. Try running apt-setup and apt-get update in terminal and see if it helps to resolve the problem.

I typed apt-get in terminal, but there seems to be nothing i can understand enough of to get this program working again. I would kill for some help, and the help that the program provides is useless to someone like me. I cannot install any programs at this point, and just had to tell my parents that they bought a very expensive desk ornament.

3d support

by shakazulu on: Dec 7 2007

Score 50%

Hey guyz,

On my laptop i have integrated graphic card and on windows it was working with 3d support fine, not spectacular but smooth enough, and not in Kubuntu it doesn't work . Casualty of this is that i can't use any desktop effects. I have Asus mother board as well as my girlfriend on her desktop comp where 3d acceleration works fine. My graphic card is SIS 661/741/760 some of these. If there is somebody who could help me to make 3d acceleration possible in Kubuntu i would be thankful.

Cheers mates,

ksmoothdock

by Lenny84 on: Dec 9 2007

Score 50%

Hi guys,
I tried to install ksmoothdock today. Everything was going well, I downloaded and extracted the file and extracted it ok, when I ran ./configure it seems to hang and the final line it gives is

configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
See `config.log' for more details.

After that make fails. Any ideas on how I can fix this problem?

Thanks for you help,

Andrew

Re: ksmoothdock

by Yaba on: Jan 4 2008

Score 50%

Look into config.log ;-)

Re: ksmoothdock

by the-dark-avenger on: Jan 12 2008

Score 50%

upload config.log here, it may give more info about the problem :)

“When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.”

Add commentAdd commentBack

Do you like or dislike Ubuntu Unity?
 Yes, unity is alien technology!
 It is less confusing than Gnome 3 default, shell.
 Granny thinks it is much more usable than Gnome 2
 Canonical is embarrasing itself with this split project
 Gnome 3 default shell is much better
 I dislike Unity, Gnome 3 default shell is alien technology!
 None of the above, I like the 2Gb for free and Apple alike behavior. Will post a comment instead

resultmore