KDE-Apps.org Applications for the KDE-Desktop
 ScribusStuff.org Files for Scribus
 BlenderStuff.org Textures and Objects for Blender
 VLC-Addons.org Themes and Extensions for VLC
 KDE-Help.org Support for your KDE Desktop
 GNOME-Help.org Support for your GNOME Desktop
 Xfce-Help.org Support for your Xfce Desktop
openDesktop.orgopenDesktop.org:   Applications   Artwork   Linux Distributions   Documents    LinuxDaily.com    Linux42.org    OpenSkillz.com

Artwork
News
Groups
Knowledge
Events
Forum
People
Jobs

- global .- user support .- artwork .- developer .
goto page: prev  ... 31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46 ...

help with kdm theme

by jagodragon on: Dec 22 2006

Score 50%

I need help with my kdm theme located at

The user input locksup when the login fails and i do not know how to fix it. Can any one help me.

PLEASE!!!!!

Moodin

by Tremble on: Jan 8 2007

Score 50%

Hy everybody, where i can find the Moodin plugin for kdm, to instal more splash screens :D.

Thanks a lot

System sounds

by mark9117 on: Jan 18 2007

Score 50%

I'm theming my laptop with a Gears of War theme. Been playing the game and like it a lot.

Trouble is, I can't find any appropriate system sounds. I am pretty sure there are no actual GOW samples out there, but anything aggressive, warlike, and violent sounding might be workable.

Anybody know where I might find such a sound scheme?

Thanks much.

Mark

Newbie needs help

by maxxym on: Jan 19 2007

Hi peeps.

I am super new to Linux. I installed it 2 days ago and I love it!

I am trying to install this:

I managed to get some of the errors fixed when I run configure command.. but I can't figure out this one:

"checking for snprintf... yes
checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check your installation and add the correct paths!
"

I heard some solution by suing sedo?? I am not sure what that is and how to run it.

I am on OpenSuSE 10.2

Help?
Thanks!

Newbie needs help

by maxxym on: Jan 19 2007

Hi peeps.

I am super new to Linux. I installed it 2 days ago and I love it!

I am trying to install this:

"checking for snprintf... yes
"

I am on OpenSuSE 10.2

Help?
Thanks!

Re: Newbie needs hel

by Znurre on: Jan 19 2007

Score 50%

You will need to install the X develop packages. Use Yast to install all X11 development packages.
If you need further help about installing those packages, please join irc, server: irc.freenode.org and then join the #suse channel.

openSuSE User, what else?

Re: Newbie needs hel

by mark9117 on: Jan 20 2007

Score 50%

Okay, I don't know anything about OpenSuse, but if it's anything like other distributions I've seen (Ubuntu) it won't allow simple root access.

Also, I'm not sure if you munged a reference to "sudo", but from the context of your message I'd say that's what you are asking.

If you are in the sudoer's file, you can issue commands as root by typing:

$ sudo

And then typing in your user password when it prompts for it.

Try that.

Mark

Re: Newbie needs hel

by mark9117 on: Jan 20 2007

If you are in the sudoer's file, you can issue commands as root by typing:

$ sudo

And then typing in your user password when it prompts for it.

Try that.

Mark

Re: Newbie needs hel

by mark9117 on: Jan 20 2007

If you are in the sudoer's file, you can issue commands as root by typing:

$ sudo

And then typing in your user password when it prompts for it.

Try that.

Mark

Re: Newbie needs hel

by mark9117 on: Jan 20 2007

If you are in the sudoer's file, you can issue commands as root by typing:

$ sudo

And then typing in your user password when it prompts for it.

Try that.

Mark

Re: Newbie needs hel

by bitcrazy on: Jan 20 2007

Hi,
you need to install xorg-x11-devel for the header files.

Greetings

m0nk

If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.

Re: Newbie needs hel

by bitcrazy on: Jan 20 2007

Hi,
you need to install xorg-x11-devel for th header files.

Greetings

m0nk

If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.

Re: Newbie needs help

by bitcrazy on: Jan 20 2007

Hi,
yakuake is part of openSUSE. So there's no need to compile it, but if you want to do so, install xorg-x11-devel. I recommend to install KDE devel packages, too. Easiest way to do all this is to select "KDE Development" in YaST.

Greetings

m0nk

If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.

Re: Newbie needs hel

by jofko on: Jan 20 2007

Score 50%

you need install xorg-dev libary

A few questions

by rvdsabu4life on: Jan 22 2007

Score 50%

First of all I must admit I am a pretty big Linux newbie. I have used it off and on for a few months but now I need to rely on it entirely for work. I installed a bunch of apps but I am still having trouble finding some that I want. For instance, in this screenshot: http://overclockix.octeams.com/snapshot21.jpg
I am looking to get a system info bar just like the one on the right. I have searched but cannot seem to come up with anything. I am using Fedora Core 6 with KDE 3.5, by the way.

Also, is there somewhere that I can change the context menu on my desktop? If I wanted to add some things to it, that is?

Thanks for your help.

Re: A few questions

by Ekardnam on: Jan 22 2007

Check Superkaramba: http://netdragon.sourceforge.net

Here's the Karamba Section on KDE-look: http://www.kde-look.org/index.php?xcontentmode=38

Add commentAdd commentBack

Do you like or dislike Ubuntu Unity?
 Yes, unity is alien technology!
 It is less confusing than Gnome 3 default, shell.
 Granny thinks it is much more usable than Gnome 2
 Canonical is embarrasing itself with this split project
 Gnome 3 default shell is much better
 I dislike Unity, Gnome 3 default shell is alien technology!
 None of the above, I like the 2Gb for free and Apple alike behavior. Will post a comment instead

resultmore